The role of a teaching assistant is a very important and responsible role and requires a great deal of discipline and patience. If you are a teaching assistant and wanting to know how you could layout your CV please see below example as a guide:
You can use this template for free.
CV Example: Teaching Assistant
I am a highly committed and disciplined Teaching Assistant who has gained a background of working with children from a nursery environment and now keen to progress my career as a Higher Level Teaching Assistant and one day a Teacher role.
Having gained over (months/years) experience in the Teaching sector I am now keen to continue learning and developing the skills I have learnt through further teaching qualifications and my PGCE. I have excellent time management skills and have a very patient and thorough manner. I feel that I can build good relationships with children, their parents and work colleagues and have the ability to manage groups of children with mixed ability and behavioral patterns.
I thoroughly enjoy preparing for the day and getting the children involved in their lessons. To date I have had experience with children up to the age of 9 years old in a teaching setting but I am hoping to learn and experience all age ranges throughout my career.
I am a positive and energetic individual that is focused and eager to further grow and develop my teaching career.
Date to Date or To Date – Teaching Assistant – Where?
In my role as Teaching Assistant I enjoy helping and supporting the children in my school. My responsibilities include:
- getting the classroom ready for lessons
- listening to children read, reading to them or telling them stories
- helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
- helping teachers to plan learning activities and complete records
- supporting teachers in managing class behaviour
- supervising group activities
- looking after children who are upset or have had accidents
- clearing away materials and equipment after lessons
- helping with outings and sports events
- taking part in training
- carrying out administrative tasks.
University, College, School – For all include titles/subjects and qualifications
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills – MS Office, Excel??? Any other training courses or relevant qualifications to a job that you are looking for?
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?