The role of a Legal Assistant is one of a supporting role whereby you will provide support to a Legal person or team in form of research, organisation, administrative tasks etc. This is a very important role and you will be required to be very efficient
and accurate in your role. If you are looking for an example CV please see below as a guide:
CV Example: Legal Assistant
I am an organized individual who has spent a great deal of time in learning about the laws to ensure that I do a good job in my role supporting Lawyers.
I have a very efficient and accurate nature about my work and thoroughly enjoy doing research and ensuring that the information I collate is accurate and in line with what is required by my legal team.
I am a hardworking individual who strives to achieve 100% accuracy and I am keen to learn all I can to help my role and the company I work for. I have a positive attitude and I am flexible in my working patterns to ensure that I get the best out of my role done.
Date to Date or To Date Legal Assistant – Where?
In my role as a Legal Assistant, I provide support to a Legal team on a daily basis. My responsibilities include:
- Researching information for my team related to cases they are dealing with
- Dealing with letters and producing legal documents such as wills, contracts and court papers
- Ensuring that all notes dictated onto audiotape are typed up into the correct format
- Answering telephone calls, letters, faxes and e-mails as required
- Diary management and organizing and booking appointments for the team
- Preparation and research for court forms and statements from witnesses or other parties
- Keeping accurate records of costs of the cases
- Providing assistance to any team member, dealing with many different cases at once
- Attending court or police cells with solicitors
- Delivering and collecting documents from various places as required
- Filing and other general clerical work.
University, College, School – For all include titles/subjects and qualifications
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills – MS Office, Excel??? Any other training courses or relevant qualifications to a job that you are looking for?
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?