A Web Designer is usually a creative person who is also good at computers meaning they can use their creative skills and technical skills to build or redesign websites. In terms of specific qualifications,
web designers usually get into this role by having design skills or a creative IT person. If you are seeking an example CV please see below:
CV Example: Web Designer
I am a hardworking, creative individual who combined with excellent IT skills enjoys building and designing websites for clients. To date I have built websites and had some good feedback on my skills and my creativity.
I have excellent communication skills and feel that I have enough experience in which to explain how websites work and how they should work to the benefit of a client in a non technical way.
I am now looking to continue my career in this path and keep leaning new tools and ways to improve myself for the company I work for. As the age continues to be more web based I feel that is important to learn all you can so that you can out shine others.
Date to Date or To Date – Web Designer – Where?
In my role as a Web Designer my day is very varied, dealing with different clients and projects each day. My responsibilities for this include:
- Planning and meeting clients to discuss what they want their site to do, how they envisage it looking and who will use it and the people who potentially will be looking at it
- Doing a design plan for my clients, showing the site structure and how the different parts link together
- Design ideas on text, colours and backgrounds to use that will be attractive to the people it is aimed at
- Ensuring that the pages are laid out and buttons are positioned correctly for the client including links and pictures using specific design software
- Adding in multimedia features like sound, animation and video
- Testing and improving the design and site until everything works as planned and the client is happy with their new website
- Uploading the site to a server for publication online and can finally be used
University, College, School – For all include titles/subjects and qualifications
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Any specific Design skills, IT skills that are relevant to your role such as:
- Flash and Fireworks
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?