A Web Developer designs, builds and develops websites as well as maintaining them after they are up and running. To get into this role it is usual that you have some qualification in an IT related subject.
If you are seeking an example CV please see below:
CV Example: Web Developer
I am a dedicated individual who enjoys working in my career choice of IT and specifically as a Web Developer. I began working with websites and building them from my bedroom and enjoy the creative and IT mix in this role.
I am an excellent communicator and enjoy working with new clients and finding out their requirements for their site and ensuring that I do an accurate job, on time and within their budget. I work well both in a team and individually and always ensure that the work gets done to a high standard and within any time constraints.
I am very organized and accurate in my work and pay great attention to detail. I like to learn new skills and keep up to date with the fast ever changing world of web design.
Date to Date or To Date – Web Developer – Where?
In my role as a Web Developer, I work closely with the design team and my client to ensure that their website gets built to their specifications within time and budget. My responsibilities for this include:
- Working with the client, using test sites to see which ideas best suit their needs and what they like about each test site
- Build the framework of the site and add the command buttons, payment systems (if necessary) and video, sound or animation as required
- Ensue that the new site can be smoothly integrated into the client’s existing network, for instance linking with a customer database or anything other systems they may use in house
- Work closely with the web design team to work on the appearance of the site
- Thorough testing of the site under construction to find and fix any problems – or ‘bugs’ – before it goes live.
University, College, School – For all include titles/subjects and qualifications
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Any specific Design skills, IT skills that are relevant to your role such as specific design packages, tools etc.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?