Use this letter sample if you want to apply for Office Manager job vacancies. you should amend this sample letter as suitable before sending it to the employers.
Here are some of the duties for Office Managers:
Office managers organise and supervise all of the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of an office.
– using a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases;
– managing filing systems;
– depending on the organisation, duties of the role may extend to the management of social media;
– developing and implementing new administrative systems, such as record management;
– recording office expenditure and managing the budget;
– organising the office layout and maintaining supplies of stationery and equipment;
– maintaining the condition of the office and arranging for necessary repairs;
Office Manager Cover Letter Sample
222 Every Road, Any Town, AA1 1BB
Mrs Jane Smith
Application for the role of Office Manager
I am writing to apply for the job of office manager and have enclosed my CV for you to consider. I have a degree in business administration and several years work experience which I feel prepare me adequately for the role.
My degree gave me a good grounding in many general office skills including working with IT software such as Excel and Access, various legislation, health and safety and appraisals. I then gained extra skills while working in an office environment afterwards. These included team working skills, communication and stress management. I already had good time management skills and this enabled me to complete tasks on time but with the required amount of accuracy. I am an assertive person and so feel this would help me with the role as well. Although this role was not a managerial role, it gave me experience of working in an office. To get managerial experience I have been working on a volunteer basis managing a team of volunteers doing some restoration work in the local area. This has allowed me to understand what it is like working with different personalities and leading a team. It was important to motivate them to work together so that the project could be completed with each team member using the skills that they had. I have therefore attached my CV so that you can look at my skills in more detail.