Use this Operations Manager CV example template after amending it as suitable. It’s free and fully editable.
Commercially able, energetic operations and production manager with substantial experience in high volume, fast-moving and time critical service based production delivery. Experienced in managing in single and multi site environments with multi million pound budget responsibilities.
• Most recently led a Birmingham based team that grew production of customer video for the web from a few a week to hundreds a month in just a few weeks.
• Led the operational side of an agile development project that delivered a paperless workflow system and enabled offshore production for the first time in the UK.
• Drove output improvements in excess of 20% following the introduction of a new measurement system whilst maintaining exceptional standards of quality.
• Successfully managed the launch of a new US based operational site.
• Developed a number of strong teams in the UK and US; including identifying and growing colleagues who have since moved on into management roles.
• Senior site manager at the time ISO 9001 accreditation was achieved in the US and when both ISO 14001 and IS 18001 were achieved for the first time in the UK.
• Managed three substantial relocations with no noticeable downtime.
• People development and talent identification
• Creating high performance teams
• Managing through change
• Process improvement
• Managing variable volumes in a fast moving environment
Yell Adworks / Pindar Set Ltd
Operations Manager May 2014 Nov 2016
Most recently, successfully led a cross functional business team that introduced and grew video production, and later introduced a new process to reduce sale to web turn times in conjunction with marketing, sales and legal colleagues.
• Volumes grew from a few each week to hundreds a month over a matter of weeks
• Turn times dropped from weeks to days
Operational lead of an agile project that developed a new digital workflow system enabling paperless advert production and subsequent successful off shoring.
• 500 UK adverts a day were being offshored by October 2017
• First time this had been achieved in the UK
Whilst being locally responsible for a business wide capability initiative, through which we transformed our team leaders to team managers, I also supported successful IiP recognition.
• IiP was achieved companywide in April 2015.
• Regarding the team managers, whilst some made the step up others were unable to and were managed accordingly
Oversaw regular successful audits of our ISO 9001 accreditation and successfully led our site in support of two further ISO standards achieved business wide.
• ISO 14001 was achieved in 2014
• In 2006 we succeeded in being awarded OHSAS 18001
• We were also a Sunday Times Top 50 Green company in 2008 and a Green Apple Gold award winner in 2015
Notably managed a multi-million pound revenue generating site. This while leading the team through an effective transition from US only production to the UK only acts as the US operation matured.
• During this time of transition we successfully flexed our capacity to match, in particular, the changing needs of the US business
Pindar Set Inc
Operations Manager Nov 2013 May 2014
A notable success came in a 6-month secondment to the US when I led, at a large customer facility in the Mid West, the induction, training and operation of a US team into Pindar.
• Trained and inducted over 120 staff in less than two weeks
• Notably saw the business ISO 9001 accreditation extended to the US operation during my time as senior site manager
• Worked with a cross business team from the UK and US to enable the successful outcome
• Rapid customer sales growth and changing product demands required a frequent reassessment of team skill sets and several recruitment drives over the 6 months
• By the end of the 6 months we were producing in excess of 30,000 adverts a week and sending approximately 2500 directory pages to printers each week
Successfully identified and assisted in the recruitment and induction of my US replacement Ops Manager prior to the end of the 6-month secondment.
Pindar Set Ltd
Operations Manager Jan 2011 Oct 2013
Recruited initially to work in Scarborough on Yell UK production but moved almost immediately to support and manage the UK team working on Yellow Book (US) adverts and pages in Birmingham.
• Notably I achieved an initial remit to enable senior management to restructure within 3 months
As our US customer acquired new businesses the production for those was integrated into the UK in support of their rapid expansion.I played a major role by successfully leading my team in flexing capacity through rapid recruitment, planned training and flexible hours.
• Though rapid, our recruitment was structured and effective enabling us to grow quickly to around 120 staff
• Successfully worked with colleagues across the business to develop and implement a variety of workflows to suit different production demands of our customer’s new acquisitions
• Played an important role in the development of the digital workflow system that was to ultimately enable us to offshore US production
Synavant / IMS Health
Operations ManagerAug 2010 Dec 2012
Following a reorganisation, as the business sought to offer more indirect marketing terms than just high quality, volume mailing and distribution services my role was expanded.
• Successfully oversaw an investment project which brought in a major growth of laser print facilities and automated mailing equipment that enhanced our offering of personalised, low target customer projects at low cost
• Took on additionally the responsibility of telemarketing and response handling operations
Production ManagerJul 2009 – Jul 2011
Following a consultants’ review, I was appointed today to day responsibility for the production operations of the UK’s largest medical mailing business, with in excess of 1m items of mail a week.
• Instrumental in changing the way the entire operation ran and its culture, empowering supervision and developing the raw talent within the team
• Managed a cost budget in excess of £4m for which I successfully prepared and presented annual budgets to our UK board
• Initially reporting to a Production Director, and with a co-manager running the warehouse, my performance meant that I subsequently took sole responsibility for all production operations, warehousing and distribution
Walsh Mander Ltd
Account Group ManagerNov 2009 Jul 2011
Management of non-medical clients, including the company’s largest and development of other none core business.
• Grew revenue of largest client to in excess of £400k
DirectorFeb 2007 – Jul 2009
Managed the varied operations of a dynamic and growing, Marketing Support Services business that delivered distribution, promotional and database services.
• Succeeded in growing a client base spread between corporate organisations like Phillips Electronics and SAAB, and some of the many agencies based in and around London
• Handled the successful launch of a new vehicle leasing company
Planned and managed the move of our operational centre from London to Middlesbrough to facilitate growth.
• Successfully retained our London client base after this transition
A key reason for sales growth was repeat and recommendation created by the excellent operational service delivered through our staff, systems and service offering for which I was responsible.
• Revenues increased from £120k in year one to £720k in year four
EstimatorGKN Kwikform Ltd
Estimator/SupervisorDec 2006- Jan 2008
Creation and conversion of sales lead in competitive sub-contracting industry.
• In conjunction with the branch manager grew branch revenue to a record level in ‘85
Supervision of staff and contracts.
GKN Kwikform Ltd
Trainee EstimatorJul 2004- Nov 2006
First post following graduation.
Pricing and presenting prices to customers, along with supervisory experience.
Sheffield City Polytechnic
Bachelor of ArtsJan 2003 – Jan 2005
Graduated under sponsorship from GKN