Use this Sales Director CV example if you are going to apply for the latest job vacancies as Sales Director.
A first aider
Professional Selling Skills
New Business Development
MS Office for Macs
Sage Accounting Software > Sage Line 50
Sales professional – presented to FTSE 100 and S&P 500 companies internationally up to senior board level
Innovator – responsive to market developments and instigating new business opportunities
Business developer – establishing strategic partnerships with bodies and corporations
Highly motivated with a ‘Can Do’ self-belief with the proven ability to enthuse and collaborate with stakeholders
Man manager – sales, editorial, events, circulation and subscription
Trainer – telesales, presentations and consultative approach
Head of Brookbank Sailing Oct 2019 – Jan 2021
- Construction and day to day running of the brand website including researching an innovative ‘Virtual Rigger’ system benefiting customers to gain confidence in purchasing the correct kit for their boats.
- Turnkey project of launching a new 10,000sqft London retail store within the sailing and paddling consumer market.
- Launched the ‘Brookbank Sailing Masterclasses’ – monthly training sessions with international coaches and speakers – this quickly established significant increasing footfall and brand awareness.
- Establishing a strong viral marketing campaign plus daily interaction with customers via online media (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and weekly mail blasts).
- Corporate partnership liaison with marine/paddling bodies – RYA, BCU, Lee Valley WWC, international slalom paddling teams and local business groups with a specific interest in 2012 Olympic paddling events.
Director of Telesales Jul 2018 – Jun 2019
- Prepared and presented the ‘BT Local Business franchise’ executive management team proposal successfully to BT corporate team.
- Setting up the business with an executive management team – locating office accommodation, equipment, suppliers, staff recruitment, writing bespoke training manuals.
- Instigation of sales strategy, execution and implementation with the inherited sales teams including TUPE legislation.
- Successful fulfilment of BT’s multiple targets including setting up motivational pay plan’s for field/desk teams.
Day to day professional sales training of desk and field teams.
UK/USA Sales Director – Global Asset Jun 2015 – Apr 2017
- Created the UK and USA conference programme whilst liaising with Reed Midem central team in Paris.
- Advising and developing strategic alliances with the UK, USA investor organisations and sovereign wealth funds.
- Lead the initial sales campaign for sponsorship, exhibition stands and delegate packages to the financial services sector.
Capital Financial Publishing
Business Development Director Jan 2014 – May 2016
- Responsibility for the development of the concept, business strategy and securing investor capital of £250k.
- Designing a pioneering website utilising cutting edge technology for a virtual database for the investment industry.
- Securing advertising sales and sponsorship for Real Estate Capital EMEA of over £100,000.
- Managing and motivating a diverse team of eight in the UK and five in Australia.
- Operational responsibility for budgeting, financial forecasting, sales revenue, data management and corporate law.
- Writing and commissioning news and editorial content from the international real estate investment industry.
IPE International Publishers Ltd
Publisher – IPE Real Estate Feb 2013 – Jan 2015
- Responsible for doubling revenue year on year by initiating the Investor Forum conference, IPE Awards and Real Estate Investment Manager 2005 supplement.
- Researching the European property investment market, and producing a business plan to launch IPE Real Estate, initially a quarterly supplement series.
- Re-launching to a bi-monthly publication in January 2005 in response to the demands of the end investors and commercial clients.
- Building strong strategic relationships with the leading regulator bodies (AFIRE, BPF, EPRA, INREV, IPF, NAREIT, PCA, PREA).
Publishing Director Feb 2012 – Nov 2014
- Instigated and managed the launch of a new monthly magazine for the Trust and Estate practitioners aimed at the ‘high net worth’ individual advisers – Wealth Management & Trust magazine. This involved sales, editorial briefings, design, distribution and marketing.
- Restructured the PAM Awards (Private Asset Managers) evening and put the event into profit for the first time in four years.
Noble House Media Ltd
Commercial Director Feb 2009 – Dec 2011
Mobile Choice Awards – an immediate four-month project to launch inaugural consumer/trade event with challenging commercial expectations, high profile presenter and audience in access of 1,000. All targets were achieved in profit including reproducing Necker Island (Virgin Media), Orange Formula One team, a joint B2B and B2C event plus Jonathan Ross presenting these industry standard awards.
Publisher – International Money Marketing Apr 2009 – Nov 2011
- Upgraded the failing IMM Awards and exhibition in London achieving a profitable revenue stream and credible exposure within the offshore finance industry.
- Negotiated the first international franchise of Money Marketing for Centaur Communications in South Africa.
Implemented innovative revenue streams, for example, ‘Fantasy Formula One League’ sponsored by a leading German IFA group.
MSM International Ltd
Associate Publisher – Professional Pensions Mar 2007 – Apr 2009
- Created a series of ten perennial supplements with co-ordinated discussions with the leading investment/investor associations.
- Instigated and produced the Professional Pension Awards – the most successful event within the UK pension fund calendar with over 900 and 1000 guests in 2007/9 respectively.
- Increased the revenue of Professional Pensions by 450% within two years with advertising, sponsorship and events.
Associate Publisher – Asset Finance & Leasing Digest Feb 2006- Mar 2007
- Researched the international asset finance and leasing market, to produce a business plan to launch The Country Leasing Review supplement series.
- The subsequent introduction of the series increased revenue increased in excess of 50% year on year.
- Built strong commercial relationships with the leading asset finance/leasing associations in the UK, USA, Canada, Mexico, Netherlands, Germany and Australia.
- Responsibility for three permanent sales staff and outsourcing via international joint ventures.
Mander Portman Woodward College
Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
Sep 2005 – Jun 2007
Lymm High School
Sep 2003- Jun 2005
Extensive marketing and PR launching Brookbank Sailing
Interests and Hobbies
Keelboat racing – National Squib and Dragons
Coaching junior sailors and occasional pirate raids too!
Be the first to recommend this person’s work Recommend
Professional Qualifications and Training