Store management is similar to retail management. There are many stores arising as more people look into the prospects of self employment. Store management CVs should reflect a trustworthy character to the employers. Recruiters will want to hire innovative leaders for their stores. Just as in retail management, employers will not always require you to have extensive experience in store management although it is an added advantage.
If you do not have experience in this area or related academic qualifications, include work experience, volunteer experience and internship periods that involved direct interaction with people. Use these experiences to demonstrate good communication skills, effective leadership, and the ability to work individually and with little or no supervision and the ability to work in a team.
- Store Manager CV Example for Job Applications
- Retail CV Example for Job Applications
- How to Write Your First CV: Example CV Posted!
- IT Technician CV Example and Template
- IT System Administrator CV Example and Template
- IT Project Manager CV Example and Template
Sample Store Manager CV
1, My House
Store Manager with five years of experience working in a busy retail store seeking employment in a similarly busy store. The position should allow for the application of innovative methods of running the store and improving sales. Previous experience and effective leadership skills will allow for the successful handling of store employees and customers.
Diploma in Management – Place College- 2012 – 2014
Professional Work Experience:
2018 – Present: Store Manager at Aldi store
[Add duties, responsibilities]
2014 – 2018: Store Manager at the General Store
[Add duties, responsibilities]
- Oversaw the work of subordinate store employees
- Handed out payments to employees at the end of the week
- Organized for and oversaw the purchasing of stock
- Disciplined errant staff
- Organized for training of subordinate staff
- Addressed problems forwarded by subordinate staff
- Balanced account books and cash register records at the end of every working day
- Supervised stock taking process
- Initiated the HIV and Aids Counselling program for subordinate and managerial staff at the General Store
- Organized and facilitated successful training programs for the subordinate staff at the General store which have resulted in promotion of employees both within the store and in other stores
- Head of the General Store Workers union. Managed to negotiate for longer leave for workers in case of sickness or pregnancy.
- Member of the Committee of the Young Students Interested in Enterprise Club which oversaw the introduction of various youth development programs in the Michigan state and has managed to create employment for more than twenty youth in the last 10 months.
- Secretary of the management club while at Place University which organized for management courses for students studying different courses and successfully oversaw the implementation of a proposal to include management courses in the curricular of high schools in the Michigan area.