If you are interested in Travel and enjoy planning trips for both business and leisure then a career as a Travel Agent could be exactly the right move. An example CV is below for you to use as a guide:
CV Example: Travel Agent
I am a very organized and thorough person with a passion for all things Travel. I enjoy researching and planning trips especially holidays of a lifetime.
I am an excellent communicator and feel that I can communicate with various different people. I am a good listener which is important in my role so that I can find out exactly what my customer wants and to make sure they leave feeling happy with the deal that they have bought.
I pay great attention to detail with my work and am very accurate. I like to ensure that I do things right first time and this is also important when you have customers with you. I am keen to continue my career in Travel and also keen to progress with courses and training where needed.
Date to Date or To Date – Travel Agent – Where?
In my role as a Travel Agent, I work as part of a team to ensure that our clients find the holiday or trip that they are looking for. My role is to make sure that I make this process very simple for them. My day to day responsibilities include:
- helping customers to find a suitable package holiday or to plan independent travel by looking at different options, places, times etc
- checking the availability of the chosen holiday/travel by telephone or computer
- making bookings using a computer system ensuring that the information is entered correctly
- collecting deposits or full payment as necessary and filling in booking forms for customers
- contacting customers when their tickets arrive, and collecting final payments, making sure they have everything they need for their travel including currency etc
- informing customers of any changes such as cancelled flights, and arranging alternatives to ensure this does not spoil their holiday.
School, College, University – any qualification details and where.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills – MS Office, Excel??? – Think about the records you will be keeping and how this will be done, using a computer and/or manually.
Any specific training related to a career in social work?
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?