How to write a CV for Veterinary Laboratory Animal Caretaker. Feel free to use our fully editable CV example to get started with your job applications.
The position is often reserved for veterinary assistants employed in laboratories and are primarily responsible in the care and feeding of laboratory animals mostly white rats or mice and guinea pigs. Depending on the nature of the laboratory, other non-farm animals may be used and for which they need to be cared and nurtured to ensure they can remain useful for the intended research purposes.
Veterinary Laboratory Animal Caretaker CV Example
I am confident that with my years of experience as a veterinary assistant in a pet shop assigned to take care of small animals like rabbits, guinea pigs, white mice and hamsters, I have the skills and the patience to take care of laboratory animals. I believe that the laboratory creates the right purposeful environment for such animals to contribute to the discovery of cures for both animal and human diseases and they be accorded proper care for this purpose.
Career Experience/Job History
2021 – Present : Veterinary Assistant, Aquarium Zoo Moser
- Ensure proper care, feeding and cage cleaning of small animals
- Assist walk-in customers in the purchase of pets in the small animal section
- Provide feeding and care instruction materials.
- Ensure the correct pet kennelling and packaging of small animals on purchase.
2016 – 2017 : Veterinary Assistant, Société Genevoise des Veterinaires
- Assist the veterinary doctor in daily animal care and feeding routines
- Prepare pets for vaccination and minor treatment of ailments.
- Provide information assistance to pet owners visiting the clinic
2014 – 2016
Certificate in Veterinary Assistant course, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Lausanne
Professional reference will be supplied upon request